This Tuesday July 1st a team of Radio Kerry staff, listeners and guests will attempt to cycle the entire 180 kilometres of the Ring of Kerry cycle without ever leaving the building! On a bicycle attached to a turbo trainer, supplied by O Sullivan’s Cycles in Killarney, a relay of cyclists will start off at 7.10am and attempt to complete the cycle by the time Brendan Fuller signs off on the Afternoon Show at 5.30pm. Anyone wishing to make a donation can drop it in to Radio Kerry, Tralee or Killarney. Cheques should be made payable to Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle.
Alternatively you can donate by
Texting CYCLE to 57800 or calling 1518 415 153
Calls cost €3 & texts cost €2.50
If you can’t see the stream above, please click here: http://content.gocaster.net/radiokerry.html
The beneficiary will be the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle and the money raised will then be split among the 2014 Charities who are:
- Acquired Brain Injury Ireland- Kerry Services,
- Ard Cúram Day Care Centre – North Kerry,
- Irish Red Cross – Tralee Branch,
- Kerry Friends of Motor Neurone Disease,
- Kerry Hospice Foundation/Palliative Care,
- Kerry Parents and Friends Association,
- NSAC/Kerry Stars Special Olympics,
- Pieta House – Suicide Crisis Centre,
- Self Harm Crisis Centre,
- Valentia Island Cottage Hospital.
The idea for the virtual cycle came from Radio Kerry’s Afternoon Show presenter and Killarney native Brendan Fuller who completed the 2013 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle last year in a very respectable 8 hours.