The The Radio Kerry Outside Broadcast Unit is custom designed and built around a 27 foot Iveco chassis. It contains the very latest in digital broadcasting and IP technology which allows us to transmit programmes over PSTN, ISDN and even satellite. It has an internal local area network which means that SMS messages and emails can be sent directly to the presenter in the air-conditioned studio! The unit operates as a fully functional studio with an internal and external PA system and also has a hospitality area for guests.
In addition to it’s commercial, sport, news and current affairs functions the new outside broadcast unit can be used to record programmes and concerts, for special event broadcasting (i.e. from Festivals around Kerry) and it is also available as a pre and post-production facility i.e. editing. The unit is also a potential training vehicle for groups who wish to have a basic knowledge of how a studio operates. It may also be used as a promotional vehicle for sampling purposes.
The OBU will allow for all programmes to be transmitted from venues outside of the main studios in Killarney, Tralee and Cahersiveen. Not all programmes will be available for sponsorship but your local sales executive will give you details of the availability of your preferred programme.
Conditions and Requirements
- A space of 40 by 15 feet will be required to park the vehicle outside of the venue, this will be negotiated with the local council by the client
- Approximately four weeks booking notice will be required
- A cancellation fee will apply up to 10 days prior to the Outside Broadcast
- Commercial/Sport/News & Current Affairs Outside Broadcast Unit Prices
- 21 x 15 second pre-promos highlighting the OB
- Limited amount of presenter promotion
- Branding stings throughout the OB Show, Interviews and Giveaways subject to discussion with the sales executive and programming
Special Event Broadcasting, Training, Production, Recordings etc
The packages and costings for the above will be subject to the number of hours involved, the cost of applying for licences, the number of people involved, staffing and programming issues. In short each will require specialised discussion to determine suitability and availability.
For more information please contact the
Radio Kerry Sales Team on 066-7123600